Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

That was probably one of the best Thanksgivings of my life, if not the best. For once I wasn't stuck eating crappy vegetarian food in LA, surrounded by people that are either too old or too young for me to interact with. I honestly didn't know how ridiculously good turkey was until now. So sad.

My parents came up late Thursday afternoon after leaving SD really effing early. You gotta give them props for doing so many round trips, honestly. Since it was too early for dinner, I dragged them out to watch Twilight because I wanted to see for myself just how bad it was. And bad doesn't even begin to describe it. I should write a review sometime just to relive the two hours of god-awful amusement. After coming back, we had dinner and heated up the turkey, and for the first time in a couple weeks I actually felt comfortably full. 

On Friday we woke up bright and early (only in my opinion) and headed off to Tahoe, which I at first so graciously gave the wrong directions to. We got there, checked in, and I got quite a shock at how cold it was when I first stepped outside. Didn't do much that day besides shop around. I had major issues sleeping that night because I'm not used to going to bed so early and it was freaking hot. 

The next day we woke up bright and early (again, only in my opinion) and headed up the mountain on the gondolas. I saw a bunch of boarders and a few skiers and got quite jealous. Our first stop was just a platform thing, where you could view the lake and such. The other stop was in the SNOW! :D I haven't played in snow in 14 years, goodness. So much fun. I really want to get a bunch of people together sometime and just have a snowball fight. Just... wow. Snow is amazing. 

After that we came down on the gondolas again (which were so hot that I had to take off my coat AND jacket) and stopped by the lake to take some pictures. Then we left.

My mom brought me way more food than I could possibly finish before break. At least I won't starve again for a long, long time.

I have a lab final on Wednesday and a psych midterm on Thursday, both of which I am probably going to epically fail. Then finals are next week. Oh, what a wonderful life college is.