I like lists too. These are random thoughts, happenings, and observations from the past week.
- I got freaked out being the only one in the apartment at night and left a couple lights on.
- Ironically, there was a campus-wide blackout the first day, and I was glad I wasn't in a room alone during that time.
- There were communal carrots in the fridge at work, which saved my life (and hunger) during the long hours.
- My boss and co-worker brought donuts, which also saved my life.
- I witnessed a mouse giving birth, though she seemed to have issues. When I checked back later, the pup was dead (with its head smushed in and all bloody, ew), and the mom's rear end was bloody. She had to be euthanized. That was fun.
Spring break in Canada:
- The weather was extremely sucky, except the day I left. Go figure.
- I met two ferrets. Cute, but smelly.
- I became rather mesmerized by hockey, even though I don't really like watching sports. Does this mean I'm secretly Canadian?
- Apparently everyone thinks that California is always sunny... I don't know how many times I had to correct that notion.
- Excruciating pain would hit my left jaw for about an hour or two a day. Good thing I'm going to the dentist soon...
- I struggled with slight culture shock, the gloominess that comes with rain, traveling by myself, and trying to fit in (didn't work).
- I felt a little discouraged that I didn't really feel like I belonged, but I hope there's a home out there for me.
Spring quarter, so far:
- I'm apparently going to be running around campus like a maniac all day.
- I spent the most I've ever spent on books. It feels like my education just started.
- My classes seem interesting, at least.
- I was late this morning because of the fact that everyone in the neighborhood seemed to take the bus at the exact same time.
- The quarter hasn't started out so great, to say the least.
- Everything is so different, and I don't know how to feel about it.

