Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Really Suck At Thinking Up Titles

I was reading my Buddha book that I've had for god-knows-how long, and this sentence from the intro stuck out to me:

Some day, tortured by the outside reality, in despair of having seen everything and found nothing, you are bound to turn inward.

Now, I really think "tortured" is even an understatement, but this statement definitely reeled me in. However, I feel like I don't have the capacity to reach for enlightenment. I have too many thoughts, too many worries, too many temptations, too much pressure from the outside world (the last which I despise the most). 

For the past week or so I've been feeling unsettled, conflicted, unsure. I've plunged back into my insecurities, which may or may not have to do with certain people leaving San Diego. 

But that's the whole point. I shouldn't have to rely on outside sources to make me feel worth something.