Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Like Grabbing a Portkey

Here I am, sitting in my living room because my room is being its usual asshole self, still not writing my dumb polisci paper, listening to my roommate type and thinking how nice it is that she's actually here, and watching my hamster get up to his usual shenanigans. 

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of emotion.

I don't even know what happened, or why, or how.

All I know is that I've jumped headfirst into something I've only been able to dream about for years, and it's grabbed me willingly, dug its nails into my skin, pulled me through a crazy vortex of joy and confusion and satisfaction and lust and warmth and smugness and frustration.

I can't decide if it's the first or last thing I need right now.

All I know is that it's time to take a risk. These things can't wait.