Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Went The Other Way; Where Are You Today?

While mice and rats are completely awesome, checking up on hundreds of them for hours is not. I think I would rather go back to the food industry. At least you get, well, food; I went seven hours without it today and had a terrible headache during bio.

I've been thinking about getting some kind of rodent lately. Actually, it's been there in the back of my mind for quite a while, as we had three (four?) hamsters in the suite last year. The only problem is, I'm hardly ever in one place, and I don't want to make someone else take care of it or have to give it up. I don't even know if I'll be anywhere near here next year. Which leads me to think about my plans for a nomadic life once I'm out of college; I don't know if I'll be happy with that. There's no way I could get a cat or anything of the sort, and there's the potential loneliness. While it sounds fun, I've always been kind of iffy about not settling down at all.

So those are the kinds of thoughts I have after I consider getting a pet rodent.

On the bright side, I dropped a class and now have Tuesdays completely free. I'm taking the minimal number of units again, which makes me look like a complete slacker in comparison to science majors. Also, while I've always had the characteristics of a loner, I don't think I've truly been one till now. The weird thing is, it doesn't bug me, but I just feel like I shouldn't be one when I see other people interacting all the time.

I hate how susceptible I am to societal pressure.

God, my hands still smell like latex no matter how many times I've washed them with soap. Also, I probably smell like mice.